Dr. Tyler Best moved to Anchorage in 2009 where he attended The University of Anchorage Alaska with a focus on Human Biology and met his beautiful wife, a life-long Alaskan. They were married in July 2012. Dr. Best and his wife welcomed their first-born son in May of 2015. In 2015 he earned a Master’s degree in Exercise and Sports Science, and in 2016 was awarded a Doctor of Chiropractic degree from The University of Western States in Portland Oregon.
In addition to his clinical training, Dr. Best has logged several hundred hours working with high school athletic programs in Portland, OR and Anchorage, AK, including such sports as basketball, baseball, football and soccer. He also provided medical support for multiple marathons, soccer tournaments and even professional bull riding events. Dr. Best has a genuine concern for each individual he treats and is truly passionate about the standard of care he provides. During his time at UWS Dr. Best also had the opportunity to assist with a medical mission to the countries of Haiti and the Dominican Republic. While there he provided personal hygiene supplies and chiropractic services to over 500 underserved men, woman, and children in both countries.
Dr. Best is a Certified Chiropractic Sports Physician and he aspires to use his chiropractic and sports medicine training in conjunction with his athletic experience, to help his patients reach their full athletic potential and improve their quality of life. The best way to help our bodies reach their optimum performance and functioning capability is to not only address the pain itself, but also evaluate and address the underlying issues that are causing the pain. Dr. Best has a strong belief in addressing muscular dysfunctions with soft tissue manipulation and movement pattern dysfunctions with corrective exercises, in conjunction with traditional chiropractic manual adjusting.
Dr. Best is passionate about active lifestyles and the vitality it provides. His principle goal is to provide patients with the tools and knowledge they need to decrease pain, facilitate proper function and optimize performance. In his free time, you can find Dr. Best back country skiing, down-hill mountain biking, hiking or rock climbing and teaching his son how to base jump from their couch.
- 2016 – American Chiropractic Board of Sports Physicians – Certified Chiropractic Sports Physician, CCSP®
- 2016 – University of Western States – Doctor of Chiropractic
- 2015 – University of Western States – MS, Exercise and Sports Science
- 2014 – University of Western States – BS, Human Biology
- 2016 – State Board of Chiropractic – Alaska Chiropractic Licensure
- 2015 – National Chiropractic Board of Examiners – Chiropractic Licensure
Post Graduate Training:
- 2016 – Active Release Technique – Full Body Certified
- 2016 – Active Release Technique – Spine Certified
- 2016 – Active Release Technique – Lower Extremity Certified
- 2016 – Active Release Technique – Upper Extremity Certified
- Activator Basic principles
- Stuart McGill: Building the Ultimate Back: From rehabilitation to high performance
- Jason Brown Rehab to Performance: Accelerated Rehab
- Instrument assisted soft tissue techniques course
- Foot Levelers: Extremity adjusting course
Memberships & Associations:
- American Chiropractic Association
- Alaska Chiropractic Society
- Chiropractic Physician – Service High School: Men’s/Woman’s Soccer, Football 2016
- Chiropractic Physician – Eagle River Triathlon 2016
- Chiropractic Physician – Kincaid Youth Soccer Tournament 2016
- Chiropractic Physician – ChiroMissions: Haiti/Dominican Republic 2014